Thursday, March 11, 2010

All this fun and pay, too!

I bought the book, "Do What You Love and the Money Will Follow" by Marsha Sinetar in 2007. I bought it because I had heard about it somewhere along the line and the title kept rolling around and around in my head. The book sat on my bookshelf, unread, until the fall of 2009 ... perfect timing!

I took the dogs to Peaks-Kenny State today, their first field trip of the year. We hiked several miles in the fresh air and sunshine and spent time playing along the stream and on the beach at Sebec Lake. I couldn't help but think ... I am doing what I love and the money is following!

So much of what I have learned about life seems so backward, but in hindsight makes the most sense. How many years of my life did I work to make money so I could go on vacation and do something I love? Now I do what I love, which brings in money that I can spend on other things that I love. I love that! Love! Love! Love!

Yes, it's always a risk to jump off a cliff and leap into the unknown, but, for me ... it was more of a risk not to.

2 comments:

  1. if your friend jumped off a cliff, would you??...HELL YEAH!!! Inspiring, you are inspiring, and such a great friend.
    hope you have all the love you can stand :)
    love, Mar

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's definitely better to risk and lose than never risk at all. Great post mom!

    ReplyDelete