Sunday, March 21, 2010

Playin' Dirty

Today was a typical day ... I took seven dogs on a Pack Walk through the snow and mud and crossed a couple streams in the process. Seeing Barkley, my all-white Golden Doodle, plop himself down in the first mud patch he came to just made me laugh.

Why are we so hung up on "getting dirty" anyway? I mentioned to a puppy mom (who joined us on our Pack Walk today to take pictures) how the days my kids came home from Daycare the dirtiest were usually the days they were also the happiest. I knew when I picked them up and they had paint on their shirt and glue in their hair that they had had a really good day. Days when they came home looking like they hadn't played all day made me wonder if they were feeling well or if something was going on with them that I should know about.

When I'm out with the dogs (notice I didn't say when they are out with me), I like to go where they want to go and see what kinds of things they like to do. These days, it usually involves things like rolling in the snow, wading in 8" of mud, swimming in a fast-moving stream and smelling deer poop (and sometimes "sampling" it). At FRESH AIR DOGS it's ALL about the dogs! If they're happy, than I am happy. You'll often catch 'em smiling from ear to ear and Diane got some fantastic shots today to prove it. Check 'em out!
http://www.facebook.com/#!/album.php?aid=155530&id=254035287599&ref=nf

P.S. I "treated" the dogs to a warm shower on the deck after we got back home, then, long afternoon naps were had by all. Perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment